Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We're having a baby!

Michael's Initial Thoughts:


To say that I am excited would be huge understatement. I understand that the thought of me being a dad is a scaring thought to many of you and quite frankly, it is somewhat scary to myself. The responsibility of a child is something that should not be taken lightly. My first thought, as I visited some of our best friends in the hospital earlier this week to see them and their newborn child was, "How could anyone conceive a child and then give birth to a child and still not believe in a God that created the universe for a distinct purpose." If anything, I find myself more drawn to God in these amazing times than ever.

I want to thank several of my friends and family for playing such a huge role in preparing me for my next role in life. From several of my friends that are fathers, John (father of 2), Jared (enthusiastic father of 1) , Jay (father of two boys), Jordan (father of 1 beautiful girl), Chris (proud father of 7. The man knows all about fatherhood) and most of all Maddox "Maddad" Casey (proud father of 3 beautiful girls). To Uncles, Mike, Eddie (most of the time), Grant, and Gary. To my brother David. To both PaPaw Eady and PaPaw Loosier. To Sarah Beth's late father John David Crow, Jr. And most of all to my own father, Chuck "Wagon" Eady.

I want to especially thank 3 people. Firstly, Maddox for his friendship and impact he has had on preparing me. Being thrown into the father role at very young age, he reacted better than just about anyone and hasn't slowed down sense. (Except for his recent vasectomy) Sacrifice upon sacrifice has been made to better the lives of his family and they have not gone unnoticed. Thanks again buddy for being a role model even when you think you might not be one.

Secondly, John David Crow, Jr. Although I never had the privilege of meeting him, I feel like he speaks to me on a daily basis through his absolutely amazingly beautiful family that he left behind. The endless stories that I have heard from his youngest daughter paint a very true portrait of what it meant to be a father. From his early morning donut runs for the girls (especially for SB) to the protector role he played for the women in his family. While he is no longer with us, I will do my best to paint the picture of his time as a father to this child that God has given us.

Mostly, I want to thank my own father. No one has better shaped my life than my own father. From my long chicken legs that I inherited to the smart ass remarks that you so commonly hear come from my lips. I only hope that I can be the father and mentor that he was to me and still continues to be. The spiritual foundation that he provided me is priceless. Thanks again Wagon!

I consider myself to be blessed beyond belief to have such great examples surrounding me. How many times have I made fun of people like Maddox for their evolvement into fatherhood and all the things that come along with it such as horrible "dad jokes" that no longer seem to be funny? Alas, I have arrived but let's hope that I don't fall too quickly into the role of wearing button down short sleeve dress shirts and telling bad jokes that only I believe to be funny.

Lastly, I ask that each of you lift Sarah Beth, myself, and this beautiful child in your prayers on a daily basis. Without God and our relationships with him, we would not be in the position to be having a child. Thank you for the prayer that we have already been showered with and thanks for all your future prayers!

Ephesians 6:4 "Fathers do not exasperate your children; but instead bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."

P.S. If you are curious whether I teared up while writing this, I think you all know the answer. Wouldn't it be interesting to see a little baby girl introduced to this family of all boys...

13 comments:

  1. Tear up? That makes two of us (well I'm sure everyone that reads this will :) CONGRATULATIONS. You and SB and two very precious people and even though I don't see you often the memories of my friendships with the both of you are very precious to me. I am positive that you two will be amazing parents and you will definitely be in my prayers. Can't wait to keep up with this blog! I love you both...eer three :)
    -Laura Mielke

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said, Gary. Although I didn't realize you guys were having a tadpole. Congratulations.

    just kiddin man. I'm sure she'll be beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations mom and dad! I am SOOO excited for you! I cannot wait to see who this little one will look like! We'll continue to pray for y'all!

    Love you all!
    Areta

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY MOLY! You caught me by surprise! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah Beth and Michael I am BEYOND thrilled for both of you! Congratulations!! What a joy this baby is already! It is an honor to be your friend always, but even more so during such an incredibly special and exciting time! Much love and prayers for all THREE of you !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike..thanks for the comments...my hope is that you have learned some do and dont's to raising a child through my experience. Y'all have so much to look forward to. As you well know, this little one will change your life forever. I anxiously await the stories this little Eady will bring and see both of you amazed by God's provision. I have three great babysitters in the making!..:) We are praying for you both and are here for anything you need! Button down short sleeves are on order...corny jokes will soon find you.

    Maddawg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you both. I'll be sure to cover you both as well as the little one in prayer. I'll also be watching, as I haven't gone down this road yet, to see how it's supposed to be done. I just pray blessings on the Eady family right now and that your relationship to God and to each other will be closer than ever before. I love you both.

    "Has not the Lord made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring..." Malachi 2:15

    You're going to be great Godly parents.

    Aldg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only will you be wearing button down short sleeved shirts, but you will be sitting around in your boxer shorts and sunglasses.

    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww...what a sweet post. AND not too mention some EXCITING NEWS!!! I am so happy for you both. SB, i will be keeping you in prayers. enjoy it--pregnancy goes by so fast and then your life suddenly changes...drastically. but, for the better of course.:) i look forward to reading the blog and seeing some cute belly shots soon.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are really happy for you guys. Of course the whole 3-part family is in our prayers daily!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I am so excited for you gus! You are going to be such amazing parents! I will be praying for y'all as your begin this new chapter in your life! Can't wait to read more updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coach Eady, I have to say I teared up a little myself. As an active participator in the pounding Maddox took, I have to say that he truly set an example for all of us on how to be such a great husband and father and hard worker through some tough times. On another note, you will be such a great dad. You goof off more than anyone I know but when you take something seriously, you really take it seriously. And I have no doubt that you will still be funny, long after your child is born. In fact, it probably wont be too long before your kid is making smart-a remarks to all of our kids. Miss you dude! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank goodness that I have never worn button down short sleeve dress shirts. Sus and I are very happy for you and SB! Just think, another Eady to tell his/her best friend's parents all about their child's shenanigans!! And one to add to the benevolent hair care services!! You know I am just kidding, love you both and always a pleasure to see you!

    ReplyDelete